Salad comes from Latin, which is herbaceous salata. Herba means vegetables, while salata means salted or salted. The classification of salads is several, including:
- Simple Salad , a salad made from one or two ingredients.
- Compound Salad , a body creation made of three or more food ingredients used.
- American Salad, almost the same as compound salad, it’s just that the food used is only fruit.
- Coil Salad, a salad that is served at 10-15 degrees Celsius
- Hot Salad, a salad that is served at a temperature of 50-60 degrees Celsius.
There are several types of food ingredients that are either used or combined as ingredients of the salad, including:
- Avocad Avocad fruit is rich in essential fats that are beneficial for skin health and monounsaturated fats which reduce cholesterol levels. Also a very good source of vitamin E. Half of Avocad contains 80% of the vitamin E nutritional adequacy rate for women. Vitamin E is important for heart health and the immune system.
- Red onion Has a high content of quercetin, a type of flavonoid antioxidant that is thought to help prevent inflammation and allergic reactions.
- Pomegranate According to the latest research, pomegranates have a higher antioxidant capacity than other juices, red wine, and even green tea. In connection with that, pomegranates are thought to prevent heart disease and cancer. Besides being made juice, pomegranates can also be added to salads.
- Shitake mushrooms One super mushroom. Fresh shitake mushrooms can help lower cholesterol. In addition to mixed salads, this mushroom can also be sauteed.
- Watercress 40 grams of watercress provides 10% calcium AKG, 40% AKG vitamin C, iron, folic acid, and beta carotene. Including one member of the cruciferous vegetable family such as cabbage and broccoli.
- Cherry Tomatoes Eating with grilled and added olive oil can increase the amount of antioxidant lycopene to prevent cancer.
- Walnut Contains omega-3 fatty acids that are healthy for the heart. Can reduce blood cholesterol. It is also a good source of pantothenic acid, a type of B vitamin that is important for energy release and helps prevent the bad effects of stress.
- Carrot Rich in beta-carotene, which plays an important role in fighting free radicals that cause various dangerous diseases, including heart disease.
That’s some good food for salad ingredients. Salad is a processed food that is very nutritious and beneficial to human health. May be useful for you all.